Labor Day weekend has come and gone, which means summer is over, kids are back in school, and Big Law attorneys are on the move. Following the typically slow month of August, the inboxes at Big Law Business were filled on Tuesday morning with a slew of job change announcements.
Below is a round-up of notable Big Law hires announced today:
Government lawyers moved to Skadden, Squire Patton Boggs, Jenner & Block and others
- Former Central Intelligence Agency director John Brennan has joined Fordham University as Distinguished Fellow for Global Security at the Center on National Security at Fordham Law.
- Mike Leiter, former head of the National Counter Terrorism Center and former president of Leidos defense, has joined Skadden’s national security practice in Washington, D.C.
- Pablo E. Carrillo, former chief of staff for Senator John McCain, has joined Squire Patton Boggs as of counsel in the firm’s Washington D.C. office.
- Former Acting US Solicitor General Ian Heath Gershengorn has formally re-joined Jenner & Block in its Washington, DC office, where he will chair the firm’s appellate and Supreme Court practice. The move was announced in May.
- Norman C. Bay, former Chairman of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, and Priya R. Aiyar, former Acting General Counsel for the Treasury Department, have joined Wilkie Farr & Gallagher as partners in its Washington office.
Some firms, including Kirkland, Sidley and Clifford Chance, announced multiple new hires
- Aaron Marks and Joshua Greenblatt have left Kasowitz Benson Torres to join Kirkland & Ellis as litigation partners in the firm’s New York office. David King has joined Kirkland’s San Francisco office from The Carlyle Group.
- Esha Bandyopadhyay and Nimalka Wickramasekera have joined Winston & Strawn‘s intellectual property practice as partners in the firm’s Silicon Valley and Los Angeles offices, respectively. Bandyopadhyay joins the firm from Turner Boyd and Wickramasekera joins from Kirkland & Ellis.
- Sidley Austin announced several lateral hires: Environmental lawyer Justin Savage has left Hogan Lovells to join Sidley as a partner in its Washington, D.C. office. Privacy and cybersecurity partner Wim Nauwelaerts has joined Sidley’s Brussels office, and former Assistant U.S. Attorney and Chief of the Criminal Appeals section for the Central District of California, Jean-Claude (“J.C.”) André, has joined the firm in Los Angeles.
- Clifford Chance has added three litigation and dispute resolution attorneys to its Washington, D.C. office. Partner Joshua Berman joins from the United States Department of Commerce, partner Glen Donath joins from Katten Muchin, and counsel Joshua Fitzhugh joins from BAE Systems.
- Real estate attorneys Eric C. Bartley and Heather M. Olson, have joined Dickinson Wright as members in its Troy office. They joined the firm with Brian P. Foley, of counsel, and Chelsey L. Marsh, associate.
- Aviation finance attorney Brian E. Liu, formerly of Hughes Hubbard & Reed, has joined Debevoise & Plimpton as a partner in the firm’s New York office. Partner Paul Rubin has joined the healthcare team in Debevoise’s Washington D.C. office. He comes from Ropes & Gray.
Other firms announcing lateral hires included Cozen O’Connor, MoFo, and Latham
- Alan Pittler, former Associate General Counsel of the University of Pittsburgh, has joined Cozen O’Connor as a member in the firm’s labor and employment division. Pittler was previously a shareholder at Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney.
- Morrison & Forester has added Florian Ehrich as a partner in its Berlin office and head of real estate for Germany. Ehrich joins the firm from Noerr.
- James Robinson has re-joined Herbert Smith Freehills from Morrison & Foerster, where he was a partner in Tokyo. He is the firm’s first corporate partner in its New York office, which opened in 2012.
- Michael Rubin has left Wilson Sonsini to join Latham & Watkins as a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office, where he will be a member of the litigation and trial department and the information law, data privacy, and cybersecurity practice.
- Mary Foarde, who ran a private practice since 2010, has joined Stinson Leonard Street’s health law practice as a partner in Minneapolis.
- Matthew L. Fedowitz has joined Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney as a shareholder practicing intellectual property law in the firm’s Alexandria office. He previously worked at Merchant & Gould.
- DLA Piper has hired Joshua Morse, formerly of Jones Day, as a partner in the firm’s restructuring group in San Francisco.
Write to the reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to the editor at email@example.com.