The following changes in personnel and other news have been announced recently by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Paul Hastings LLP has promoted New York-based IP attorney Evan D. Diamond to partner.
• J. Rick Taché has left Greenberg Traurig LLP to join Buchalter, Orange County, California, as intellectual property shareholder and firm-wide co-chair of the firm’s patent litigation group. IP attorneys Erikson Squier and Roger Scott have also left Greenberg Traurig LLP to join Buchalter, Orange County, California, as senior counsel.
• Arnold & Porter LLP has promoted Sean M. Callagy in San Francisco and Dina M. Hayes in Chicago to partners in its intellectual property practice group.
• Dori A. Hanswirth and Theresa M. House have left Hogan Lovells US LLP, New York, to join Arnold & Porter LLP, New York, as partners in the firm’s intellectual property group.
• IP litigator Ashok Ramani has left Keker, Van Nest & Peters LLP, San Francisco, to join Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP, Menlo Park, California, as partner in its litigation department.
• IP litigator Robert M. Isackson has left Venable LLP, New York, for a partnership at Leason Ellis LLP, White Plains, New York.
• Filko Prugo has left O’Melveny & Myers LLP, New York, to join Ropes & Gray LLP, New York, as partner and chair of the firm’s life sciences intellectual property litigation practice.
• R. David Whitaker has left Buckley Sandler LLP, Chicago, to join DLA Piper, Chicago, as partner in the firm’s intellectual property and technology practice.
• Four media and entertainment attorneys have left DLA Piper, Los Angeles, to join IP law firm Russ August & Kabat, Los Angeles: Stanton “Larry” Stein, Bennett A. Bigman, and Ashley R. Yeargan join as partners. Diana A. Sanders joins as a senior associate.
• IP attorney Mark Lubbock has left Ashurst LLP, London, to join Brown Rudnick LLP, London, as a partner in the firm’s technology and intellectual property group.
• Banner & Witcoff Ltd. has promoted nine IP attorneys to shareholders: Michael Cuviello, Craig Kronenthal, Jeffrey Chang, Gregory Israelsen, and Shambhavi Patel in Washington, D.C. Azuka Dike, Aaron Bowling, Maurine Knutsson, and Justin Philpott in Chicago.
• Munir Abdallah Suboh has left Hadef & Partners, Dubai, to join BSA Ahmad Bin Hezeem & Associates LLP, Dubai, as partner and head of the firm’s intellectual property department.
To contact the reporter on this story: Malathi Nayak in Washington at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Mike Wilczek at firstname.lastname@example.org