The following changes in personnel and other news have been announced recently by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
* Jonathan Wise, a former associate general counsel at Teva Pharmaceuticals, has joined Greenberg Traurig LLP, Philadelphia, as of counsel in the firm’s intellectual property and technology practice.
* Ping Wang and Michael Ye have left Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP to join Morris, Manning & Martin LLP, Washington, as partners in the firm’s intellectual property practice group. IP attorney John Murray has also left Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP to join Morris, Manning & Martin LLP, Washington, as of counsel.
* Antitrust and IP attorney David H. Reichenberg has left Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati, New York, to join Cozen O’Connor PC, New York, as a member in the firm’s commercial litigation department.
* Patent attorney Andy Tranter has been named managing partner at United Kingdom-based IP law firm BarkerBrettell LLP. Trade mark partner Lucy Walker has been appointed to the firm’s leadership board, and patent attorneyDave Combes has been promoted to partner.
* Trademark attorney Tracy L. Deutmeyer has left McGrath North Mullin & Kratz PC LLO, Omaha, Neb., to joinFredrikson & Byron PA, Des Moines, Iowa, as an officer in the firm’s advertising, marketing and trademark, and copyright protections and enforcement groups.
* Liane H. Rousseau has left Taft Stettinius & Hollister LLP, Cincinnati, to join Dinsmore & Shohl LLP, Cincinnati, as an associate in the firm’s trademark litigation practice group.
* Four patent attorneys have left Smith Moore Leatherwood LLP to join Nexsen Pruet LLC: Phil McCann in Greensboro, N.C., as a member, Clint Wimbish and John Zimmer in Charlotte, N.C., as members; Christopher Dodson in Charlotte as special counsel. Janel Ezzell joins the firm as a patent specialist in Charlotte.