The following changes in personnel and other news recently have been announced by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Seven IP attorneys — Alex Johnson, Alan McCollom, Sean O’Brien, Julie Reed, Kevin Ross, Justin Wagner, and Marie Weiskopf — have left Marger Johnson PCto join the intellectual property practice team at Miller Nash Graham & Dunn LLP, Portland, Oregon, July 1.
• Sarang Damle, the former general counsel and associate register of copyrights at the U.S. Copyright Office, will join Latham & Watkins LLP, Washington, D.C., as a partner in September.
• Regan A. Smith has been named general counsel and associate register of copyrights at the U.S. Copyright Office. She was previously deputy general counsel at the agency.
• Patent litigator Jared Bobrow has left Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP to join Orrick, Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP, Menlo Park, California, as partner and co-leader of the firm’s global IP practice.
• Seven intellectual property lawyers have left Vedder Price PC to join Duane Morris LLP: Thomas J. Kowalski and Deborah L. Lu as partners; Lawrence P. Casson, andMark W. Russell as special counsel; and Tinh T. Nguyen and Han Gao, Ph.D. asassociates, in New York. Heidi E. Lunasin joins as special counsel in Washington, D.C.
• IP attorney Justin R. Cruz has left Rocky Mountain Patent to join Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Denver, as senior counsel. IP attorney Ben Roxborough has left Sheridan Ross PC to join Michael Best & Friedrich LLP, Denver, as an associate.
• IP attorney Mark Finkelstein has left Jones Day to join Umberg Zipser LLP, Irvine, California, as partner. Patent and trademark attorney Priti Phukan, formerly at Archer Norris PLC, has joined Umberg Zipser LLP, Irvine, California, as an associate.
• Sarah S. Brooks, formerly at Stradling Yocca Carlson & Rauth PC, has joined Venable LLP, Los Angeles, as a partner in the firm’s intellectual property litigation practice.