The following changes in personnel and other news recently have been announced by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Stephen Kunin, the former deputy commissioner for patent examination policy at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, has joined Maier & Maier PLLC, Alexandria, Virginia, as a partner.
• Four IP litigators have left White & Case LLP to join Fenwick & West LLP, New York: Jeffrey Oelke, Kevin McGann, James Trainor and Adam Gahtan join as partners. IP litigators Robert Counihan and Ryan Johnson will be leaving White & Case to join the firm as partners.
• Trademark Attorney Julie Greenberg has left Dinsmore & Shohl LLP to join Fishman Stewart PLLC, Bloomfield Hills, Michigan, as a partner.
• Norton Rose Fulbright has promoted four IP attorneys to senior associates: Rebecca Brenikov and Alyson Poole in Sydney and Kerri Lambrianidis and Harrison Ottaway in Melbourne.
• Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP has promoted two IP attorneys to partners: David R. Bauer in New York, who practices in the firm’s intellectual property and technology group, and intellectual property and antitrust litigator Micah G. Block in Menlo Park, California.
• Jason Angell, previously at Freitas Angell & Weinberg LLP, has joined Hopkins & Carley, Palo Alto, California, as of counsel in the firm’s intellectual property litigation practice.
• Biotech patent attorney Rebecca Wright has left Knobbe Martens Olson & Bear LLP to join Lathrop Gage LLP, Boston, as an associate.
• IP litigator Noah M. Leibowitz has left Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP to join Dechert LLP, New York, as a partner.
• IP attorneys Mark Peroff and Darren Saunders have left Wilson Keadjian Browndorf LLP to form Peroff Saunders PC with offices in New York, New Jersey and Chicago.