The following changes in personnel and other news have been announced recently by prominent intellectual property law firms and other IP-related organizations:
• Gina Reif Ilardi and Ben Mulcahy have left Jenner & Block, to join DLA Piper‘s intellectual property and technology group as partners and co-chairs of the firm’s newly formed national advertising team. Ilardi will be based in New York and Mulcahy will be based in Los Angeles.
• International Trade Commission litigator Jamie Underwood has left Alston & Bird LLP, Washington, D.C., to join Latham & Watkins LLP, Washington, D.C., as a partner.
• Joseph Paquin has left McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Chicago, to join Barnes & Thornburg LLP, Chicago, as a partner in the firm’s intellectual property department.
• Richard L. Green has left McCarter & English LLP, Hartford, Connecticut, to join Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani LLP, Hartford, Connecticut, as a partner in the firm’s intellectual property practice group.
• Clayton Thompson and Yakov Zolotorev have joined DLA Piper, Palo Alto, California, as partners in the firm’s intellectual property and technology practice. They return to DLA Piper after departing in 2011 to launch boutique patent litigation firm Feinberg Day Alberti & Thompson LLP.
• IP litigator Thomas Friel has left Cooley LLP to join King & Spalding LLP, San Francisco and Palo Alto, California, as a partner.