Below are this week’s round up of general counsel hires and promotions.
New General Counsel at J.C. Penney Co.
• J.C. Penney Co. appointed Brandy Treadway, former associate general counsel of the retailer, to the company’s top legal position. She had been serving as interim general counsel since former GC Janet Link left to become general counsel at the power tool company Stanley Black & Decker. Treadway was hired as senior counsel at J.C. Penney in June 2011, according to her LinkedIn profile. Before then, she was an attorney at Weil, Gotshal and Manges in their Dallas and London offices, where she specialized in M&A, bankruptcy and other corporate financial law.
Gates Corporation Hires Ion Geophysical General Counsel
• Gates Corporation, a manufacturer of power transmission belts and products, announced it has appointed Jamey Seely as vice president and general counsel. Seely comes to the company from Ion Geophysical, an oil and gas industry tech firm. She served as general counsel at that company and has also worked in legal departments at NRG Energy and Nuclear Innovation North America, according to her LinkedIn and a company release. Seely also practiced law at the firm Thompson & Knight.
Deputy General Counsel Promoted to GC at Nordson Corporation
• Ohio-based Nordson Corporation will promote deputy general counsel Gina Brickley Beredo to the top legal role when its current general counsel retires in December. Nordson is a global manufacturer of machinery that dispenses adhesives, coatings and sealants. Brickley Beredo joined the company in 2013 and will be promoted to vice president, general counsel and secretary, functioning as an executive officer of the company. Brickley Beredo formerly served as chief litigation counsel and director of compliance and ethics at American Greetings, a greeting card company.
Beverage Company Appoints Linklaters Alum as General Counsel
• Mary Guest has been appointed general counsel of the Japanese-owned British beverage manufacturer Lucozade Ribena Suntory. She has replaced previous legal head Mollie Stoker, who is now director of business development at Suntory Beverage and Food Europe. Guest came to the company from the London-based law firm Linklaters where she worked in intellectual property and technology. Before then she spent six years in the legal department of Britain’s Football Association.
Walmart’s Former Head of eDiscovery Joins Text IQ as General Counsel
• Former Walmart senior associate general counsel Aaron Crews made the jump to Text IQ, a software developer that uses AI to help legal departments catch “meaningful, sensitive data” in their internal documents and correspondence to avoid risky compliance and discovery related issues. Crews was appointed general counsel and vice president of strategy, according to a company release. At Walmart, Crews was global head of eDiscovery and before then, also specialized in that field as a shareholder and eDiscovery counsel at San Francisco-based firm Littler Mendelson, according to his Linkedin. He also served as Vice chair of the ABA’s Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence committee.
Hamilton Insurance Group Appoints General Counsel
• Gemma Carreiro was appointed general counsel of the Bermuda-based insurance holding company Hamilton Insurance Group. She will begin the job on November 20 this year and will replace current GC Victoria Guest who is retiring, according to a company release. Hamilton is affiliated with Lloyd’s of London, the over 300-years-old British insurance company. Carreiro recently served as general counsel to subsidiaries of PartnerRe, another insurance company.
Write to the reporter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write to the editor at email@example.com.